“Seeing is a form of pure being unlike watching or looking at. Seeing is why we’re here.”
~ Anne Lamott, Dusk Night Dawn
I’m trying to be more intentional about this daily photo habit … so it tells a true story. Thinking about these photos capturing what I see, instead of what I’m just looking at has been helpful. I even managed to get pieces of myself into 13 of those photos! It helps that I’m taking weekly photos of my book/manicure pairings right now. and that also upped the book representation. Books show up eight times and knitting/crochet six (and only five of those were me – those are Sara’s hands on the 2nd). Given that I finished 14 books and one crochet project last month, I think the ratio is probably under-stated. anyway…
A Gratitude List: fully-vaccinated. Sara here (and making plans to stay close). Holly responding well to her new meds (y’all – as I write this post we’ve had seven days in a row of “Holly seems like her old self”).
Life Giving: hearing my alarm at 4:45am and realizing Holly and I have both slept through the night. talking with Sara about her plans. talking with Katie about books and reading. porch time. dark early morning quiet time. last week’s small group discussion about creativity and courage. and the week before’s discussion about “real life” being much more than people I share physical space with.
Life Draining: anti-vaxxers (still. ugh). folks who cancel tennis 4-some plans at the last minute. tough to-do’s that I keep putting off.
A (short) Happy List:
- A fun foursome for “practice” tennis on Tuesday evenings. We had our first “match” last week (27th) and have reservations for next week.
- 7am workouts with Sara. tennis on Thursdays and walks or runs to the lake two or three other days. I love that 7am start!
- I ordered clothes – two pairs of shorts and three t-shirts – from Everlane. Everything fits. and I’m looking forward to venturing out a little bit more.
- Dinner-time FaceTime with Sam & Charlie (also grateful to Katie for making this happen).
- HGTV’s Home Town. Sara and I LOVE this show so much. I think it would be fun to visit Laurel, MS … Sara’s not so sure.
- (and still) Manicure Mondays, thanks to Olive & June, and matching my nails to a book I’m reading. that column of Mondays 🙂
Have you had a moment of seeing (vs looking at) lately? I’d love to hear!