One of my intentions this year is “more joy”. This morning, I was reflecting on a handful of delightful things that had happened over the last 24 hours … and I was reminded that the simple act of paying attention and naming the delight was an easy way to bring “more joy” into my life. I started a list. At 5:40am I had six things and I decided to challenge myself to come up with (at least) four more to blog about this afternoon. Here goes:
- I joined the back and the two fronts on Long Love and the pattern worked out perfectly. I even had the right number of stitches! (like I said, these are Little Things*)
- Manicure Monday was yesterday and I found the perfect reddish brown (I think it’s supposed to be the color of clay) in my polish collection to match the current Fiction Matters bookclub pick.
- The manicure gave me a focused hour to read the book. The language/style of this one seems to work best with chunks of time instead of minutes here and there. I’m now to the halfway point and would love to just sit and read til the end. maybe I can find that time laster this week.
- The response to Summer Book Bingo. Y’ALL!!! More to come soon; at this point it’s about even with categories we’re adding/deleting. If you have suggestions on either front, now is the time to LEAVE A COMMENT! (please and thankyou-in-advance)
- I finished the ball of yarn for this prayer shawl Sunday evening – it’s for our 2021 confirmand class (the 13 year olds who are confirming the promises made when they were baptized, likely as infants or toddlers) – and when I measured yesterday afternoon it was exactly 47″ long … which is exactly the length it needed to be! I wove in the ends last night.
- Lauren (my dear friend who moved to Santa Fe last fall) and I had a spur-of-the-moment HOUR-LONG phone call yesterday evening. A phone call is not at all like the walk/talk in the park we used to have. and yet. she’s where she wants to be. and so am I. and we are still connecting. (and now we are starting to think about seeing each other face to face again!)
- We are trying out some new things on our front porch this year. We added three new pots, one of which (the one pictured) gets a little less sun (it faces south, not west like the front of the porch does, and the porch provides some shade). We chose a simple planting scheme of geraniums, petunias, and lavender – all new to these pots! – and marigolds.
- Marc planted everything yesterday … and watered everything again this morning.
- Now that the prayer shawl is finished, I’m back to knitting socks. The stripes continue to delight – this is Knitpicks Felici (in a discontinued colorway 😉 )
- That’s my mom in the background. We have just two more weeks to meet “like this” (and I can only hope the weather allows us to meet like this instead of FaceTime) and then we will be meeting for lunch.
*oops, or 11?! ugh, html is not inspiring JOY right now!
I’d love for you to share a Joy, little or BIG, you’ve experienced in the last day. I’m pretty sure shared joy evokes more joy!