Last month I started Looking Back with a slightly broader lens – encompassing not only the daily photos, but also a few reflections. This month I’m making a few more tweaks:
1. What am I celebrating?
+ first signs of Spring, another beautiful amaryllis season, and 41 years with the same Valentine.
2. What worked well? what didn’t?
+ our cookbook club – two meetings in and I think we have a plan that’s going to carry us through.
– the planning for our women’s service was at times both stressful and frustrating; this was my 4th (or 5th?) year leading the preparation and it was the first where I didn’t even have final liturgy by February 1 (let alone March 1). Once Easter is behind us, I need to plan a meeting with our pastors and PW leaders to agree on how next year will work.
3. What surprised me?
+ how easy it was to settle in on a “daytime uniform” once I started paying attention to what I really like to wear and what makes me feel good about myself (also limiting my choices).
+ 45-60 minutes a day is plenty to get a balanced workout (cardio, strength, stretching) and doing it EVERY day makes it easier to stay on track.
4. What were the best conversations?
+ every single one I had with the attendees and presenter at the Still and Still Moving conference.
6. What voices am I listening to?
+ Sarah and Beth on Pantsuit Politics. They are keeping me sane with everything that’s happening in our country right now and I cannot recommend their podcast highly enough.
7. What was the best thing I watched? read?
+ I watched two great shows on Netflix – The Spy and Rocketman – and enjoyed every minute of the Modern Mrs. Darcy Bookclub discussion (a Zoom meeting) with Alix Harrow, author of Ten Thousand Doors of January.
+ Murmur of Bees. (“best” was a tough choice this month – I finished six books and rated 4 5-stars and 2 4-stars … embarrassment of riches!)
8. What am I leaving behind?
– ALL the beige sweaters and shawls and most of the gray ones.
– sharing all my book reviews on Instagram. I might share a few, but more than that was just stressful!
9. What do I want to focus on in the month ahead?
+ the Women’s Service (thankfully now past!)
+ a Spring/Summer making plan
I know February probably seems like ages ago (yikes, March did get off to a sneaky, quick start!), still … how about you? is there something from last month you can share? I’d love to hear!