Hello friends. and Hello Friday … evening! Whew, what a week. Marc has the President’s Cup* on behind me – LIVE golf on a Friday evening! – because it’s being played in Australia where it’s already tomorrow (and summer!) and it’s such a soothing background.
I wasn’t feeling nearly so calm earlier today because my kitchen looked like this
in order to create these
plus cranberry oatmeal cookies (still in the oven) and lebkuchen dough for our annual cookie exchange gathering tomorrow.
While I’ve been baking this afternoon, I’ve been trying to think about good things. and I thought y’all might need a little “good things” therapy, too.
- My kitchen smells amazing.
- I finished knitting the boys’ sweaters. (since this is a post about Good Things, I will not talk about all the finishing I still have to do.)
- I finally sewed the buttons onto my Felix Cardigan. I also wore it today and I love it … and promise photos soon!
- I found my place again knitting Hard Cider (my Christmas sweater) and love that it matches my latest book
- and tonight’s beverage of choice.
Which seems like a perfect way to end this list.
What Good Things did you encounter today/this week? Here’s to finding a few more this weekend!
* Quick Golf Tournament Lesson: The President’s Cup is an international golf tournament, featuring the USA vs. The World Except for the EU. The Ryder Cup is the USA vs. The EU. The tournaments alternate years, so the USA plays every year and the non-EU/EU players alternate. As Marc explained this to me so I could explain it to you we had an interesting discussion about how Brexit might affect these tournaments. and I must say, it’s the first discussion about the whole Brexit thing that hasn’t made me want to curl up and cry.