Happy Thursday, y’all! Hopefully by this point, you’ve found something to be happy about – me, I’m happy to mark another week in the boot … and just four more sleeps until Monday’s doctor visit. Three weeks back, I was mentally preparing for another three weeks, but this time, I’m anticipating liberation! I guess it goes without saying that if I leave Monday’s appointment in the boot, I’m going to be … disappointed … because I have plans.
This is a list I couldn’t possibly keep to just three. But I did manage three three’s:
- Going out by myself. even for a mundane errand. (note that I have not for one minute missed driving. I guess it’s a mixed blessing.)
- Getting back to the mat. I have been diligent about practicing my tree poses in the shower, but just on one leg. My body feels out of balance. and my head, too.
- Morning walks to the lake. with Marc.
- and in the park. with Lauren.
- A pedicure! I did that polish job on the left toes last weekend … the right toes are still sporting the polish from early July. and yep, they’re a different shade of pink!
- Two shoes. I’m honestly not sure I’m even going to wait for the pedicure to wear the sandals … no one really looks at toenail polish, do they?!
- Walking into the shower. and shaving my legs standing up (the tree pose works for washing, but that’s about it).
- Wearing my white jeans. (and yikes, I hope they still fit!)
- Closing all three rings on my watch.
The doctor has mentioned PT for my right ankle at both visits. I’m prepared to build back up to 2, 3, 4 and 9. But I really hope to be driving myself … alone in the car! … to knitting on Monday afternoon!
Check out Carole’s blog to see more lists … but most likely they’ll be just one three 🙂