There’s a new section on the sidebar to the right for this year’s Summer Book Bingo. The cards are ready – it’s time to start planning!
And since it’s Thursday, here are three things you need to know about this year’s Summer Book Bingo:
1. Books you finish between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend count. This year that means books you finish May 26 – September 3. This might be a great opportunity to finish books you started a while back … or you could simply get a headstart by starting now and “finishing” Memorial Day Weekend.
2. You get to interpret the relevance of the square to the book. You won’t need to defend your book choice … but I’m hoping that’s because you won’t need to. That said, I’m expecting that you’ll read a book that matches the square. One of the reasons I host this challenge is to post a list of categories that inspire our reading. Summer reading should not be a slog! To that end, I deleted “A Collection of Short Stories” (as promised). And thanks to a suggestion from Juliann, I added “With a cover that matches a current WIP” (fun!).
This year, we have 98 categories. Some of my lifetime favorite books have been books I read – initially with a little hesitation – as part of this challenge in previous years. I wish the same discovery and satisfaction for you.
3. Each book you read counts for one square, so a “full” bingo card means you read a book for all 25 squares on your card. Yep, even the free space in the middle – but you can read any book you want for that square.
…and two more:
1. I checked Instagram this morning and the tag #2018SummerBookBingo is available.
2. All of these things are documented in the rules, linked in the sidebar.
Here’s to another great summer of books and reading – and sharing about our plans, progress and accomplishments!
Head on over to Carole’s for more Three on Thursday posts.