|from my journal|
My morning devotion, from These Days, was based on Psalm 103. The first verse – copied above – sums up perfectly my feelings this morning.
Yesterday was scary, but we are all ok:
- Mother’s power came back last night; Betty and her friend left early this morning to return to their homes in North Palm Beach.
- The sideways rain and wind showed up a leak in our porch roof that let water into our living room. And there are two big pine trees in the back yard that will hopefully be gone before we have another storm. Otherwise, we are just two tired folks (with one not-so-happy little dog).
- Katie lost power yesterday afternoon and it’s still not back on. With two little ones – and two working parents – that’s the biggest concern for us right now.
- Charlie’s home in Beaufort is ok (I haven’t heard about the church).
- Many of you heard yesterday from friends and family in Irma-affected areas; all are safe.
Indeed, All Are Safe seems a most appropriate beginning for a gratitude alphabet today.
Thank you all from the bottom of my grateful heart for your prayers and concern. I trust our continued support will give those who have been impacted and lost much courage, strength and lighter hearts. xo – M.