|Starbucks, 12:27 pm on Saturday, November 12|
1. This is my first Red Cup of the season. I thought it would be Thursday, when I had my first Holiday Spice Flat White (and got to introduce my favorite holiday coffee treat to Katie), but that Starbucks was only using Red Cups for Grande and Venti drinks. (also, Starbucks has outdone themselves with the Red Cups this year; I wonder how many of them I can collect?!)
2. Across the table is my friend Penny, who moved from Atlanta to Birmingham almost three years ago. She’s in town for the weekend – to visit friends, not family – and it was a special treat to have her at the table.
3. I’m knitting No Tails (pretty much monogamously 🙂
4. I took the photo shortly after we all sat down – that row counter you can’t quite read shows “61” … thirteen more rows (175 stitches each) until the little bit of back neck shaping – and then the back is done!
5. Four of us (Becca, Penny, Kim and me) were sitting around the table, knitting, talking and drinking coffee. We did chat a little about politics at the beginning (Penny and Becca had been to see Marianne Williamson last night and they had much to share about the event), but mostly we didn’t. We talked about Kim’s son’s upcoming wedding, little Sam (and his family), what we’re going to knit next, the struggles with our current knitting projects, families, sewing projects, and so much more.
That row counter now reads “74” … time for the neck shaping – and then blocking to be sure my gauge is on track before I start the front! (I’m starting to think this sweater might just be ready for Thanksgiving…unless I just jinxed myself by saying that?)
Here’s to the stories that might not get told. and to friends, knitting and coffee! I hope your Saturday includes a few of those wonderful things, too!