|from October 2009 (!! deep in the archives for sure!)|
Professional football kicked off this weekend. Carole is a huge Patriots fan and she won’t miss a game. She’ll also enjoy some great food while she watches; this week, she’s asked us to share our game day favorites.
Football food around here means “fun” and “easy” (but not necessarily “healthy”). Here are ten of my favorites:
1. Vegetables and dip. That’s homemade spicy peanut dip in the photo above and it’s outstanding. I haven’t made it in a few years, but I need to. (and because I love y’all, I’ve included the recipe below.)
2. Cheese and crackers.
3. Mixed nuts.
5. Roasted shrimp cocktail (the shrimp above is not that – it was marinated and while it was delicious, it was really messy).
6. Guacamole, cheese dip and tortilla chips.
7. Chicken chili.
8. Turkey wraps (Costco does these brilliantly).
9. Potato chips and blue cheese dip.
10. Something sweet. I can’t decide between grapes, M&Ms and chocolate chip cookies … maybe all three?!
Food lists are always fun – I can’t wait to see what delicious ideas y’all share. Thank you, Carole, for hosting us! (If you’re not already playing along, click here to join.)
Spicy Peanut Dip
4 cloves minced garlic
2 T finely minced cilantro
2/3 C soy sauce
2/3 C rice vinegar
3 T hot chili oil
6 T sugar
2 pinches red pepper flakes
1 C creamy peanut butter
Blend in a food processor. Make it the day before