We celebrated Memorial Day yesterday, which means a long weekend – and an excellent opportunity for sharing ten things we did. My weekend actually started last Wednesday when Holly & I drove to Lake Oconee to spend six days with my family in one h-u-g-e house. First – a few of my favorite photos.
And now, a sampling of what we did there:
1. Shared a bunch of photos on Instagram (check out #reynoldsmay2016).
2. Knitted a lot…sometimes with wine, sometimes with coffee, and sometimes in a big chair with friends.
3. Played with Charlie. He had great fun finding golf balls and sticks…and then putting them into his pockets.
4. Cheered on the puzzle mavens. I usually make a point of fitting in one piece…but this year I didn’t even manage that. The entire 1,000 pieces were assembled by Saturday morning.
5. Cooked (and ate…and drank).
6. Played games. Rob and I won (Junior) Trivial Pursuit. I lost everything else (I think he did, too).
7. Read. (I got a great start on Summer Bingo…more to come!)
8. Walked. I saw a lot of the golf course and many beautiful homes …and yesterday morning, finally saw the lake 🙂
9. Took a family photo.
10. Remembered all those who served and gave their lives so we could freely live ours. Driving home yesterday I passed so many flags…and it was nice to drive into our driveway and see a few more.