…holiday preparations are in high gear around here. Not that you could tell if you happened to catch a glimpse inside my house today. It was my last Tuesday with Charlie until next year (which really means just a one week break but still) and I took full advantage of snuggles
and tree tempting
and blocks (captured late this afternoon, after I finally managed to forage all the pieces from under the sofa and kitchen cabinets … and put them back neatly).
We also read all the holiday books under our tree (there are only four and his favorite is still the Little Blue Truck, but I think the Too Many Mittens is gaining ground and I might hold it out through “winter” just so we can enjoy it a few more times).
1. no alarm
2. binge-watching TV (not sure yet what show(s) that will be… that’s in Sara’s court)
3. extended family time (snuggling on the couch with Sara!)
4. lunches out
5. knitting and reading (I still have three Christmas books from last year that I haven’t opened)
I can’t help but focus on my must-do’s for the next two days:
1. grocery shopping
2. wrapping gifts
3. cleaning up
4. cranberry cheesecake (Christmas dinner dessert; I haven’t made it in at least ten years, but I promise, if it turns out, I’ll share the recipe)
5. blocking Tokyo (yep, the knitting is done and the ends are in…and maybe there will be a bit more light tomorrow morning so I can see to weave in the wires).
Hope these last few days before the Big One are treating you well… and that you saw more light today. We didn’t have much light outside, but thankfully, my house was plenty bright today!
Click here to join Carole’s Ten on Tuesday fun!