|morning journal time…love this month’s calendar photo – hard to believe Charlie was that little just a year ago!|
…finally! Limited sunshine, too much rain and what felt like it might be a cold but was maybe just allergies and today is the first day of this new month – my favorite! – that really feels like OCTOBER. Here are a few things I’m ready to give a warm welcome:
- Birthday Season – beginning next week, we’ll celebrate five family birthdays in five weeks.
- Sweater Weather, and wearing jeans and boots (or ballet flats).
- Slow cooker meals. I made chicken soup with couscous on Saturday. Marc says it reminds him of chicken and dumplings (which is, I think, a compliment!)
- Crisp morning walks, crunching on leaves.
- College football weekends (even when our team doesn’t win, it’s still a great reason on knit!)
- The return of Homeland. This is the only show I’m going to watch all year … in real time. Which I’m loosely interpreting to mean “Monday afternoons”; I’ll be watching last night’s season premier (YAY for our DVR working again!) just as soon as I press Publish on this post!
What about you – what are you welcoming this month?