…our air conditioner hasn’t run since Friday – but looks like it might be back on by the weekend.
No matter, the mornings are still cool enough to contemplate turning on the oven, so I’m all about this week’s Ten on Tuesday and what I’m looking forward to eating – and drinking – now that fall is (almost) here.
1. oatmeal. I like mine with dried cranberries, walnuts and a little almond milk.
2. roasted pork tenderloin and hot mushroom salad (this is still a favorite meal for me and Marc), as is
4. garlic mashed potatoes.
5. roasted butternut squash.
6. roasted chicken.
8. steamed almond milk with a dash of sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
9. chai tea.
10. fall shipments from our wine clubs are due to arrive in a few weeks, which means … red wine!
Can’t wait to see your list(s) … I’m ready for all the things warm and comforting!
and as I just typed that I realized it was a great segue to the Charlie photo I have to share from today.
This was taken just before 11:30 am. I managed to keep him awake through lunch, but not through all of his pre-nap story. Nothing says “warm comfort” quite like a snuggle with a blanket, a good book and a full tummy.