…this week, Carole’s asked us to list things we need to quit procrastinating…and just do! This is going to be an interesting set of posts, assuming we’re all honest 😉
Of course it’s nearly 8pm as I sit down to write this, so I’m happy to report that the prompt worked – I did a few of these things…today!
- The scene above is my desk at 6:40 am this morning. That pile of cards-to-be-written has been nagging me for days – thank you notes, a birthday card, a sympathy card and a few “hello” cards. All but the “hello” cards made it into today’s mail.
- …so those cards are tomorrow’s Just Do.
- Get my eyes checked. This has been on my to-do list for months… and I finally made the appointment last week to get it done today (yes, this one is a cheat but I wanted to document that I finally did it!). Happy to report no issues…and two new pairs of glasses on their way. Nothing beats seeing the best we can see.
- Take the winter coats to the dry cleaners. Again, happy to report this is done (finally – they sat on the stairs for over four weeks…really, we have the air conditioner on here now – I don’t think we’ll be needing winter coats for a while).
- File the paperwork in my office. It bugs me that this is even on my list. (I wish I didn’t have “paperwork” to file – has anyone figured that out?) I do it about once a month…and April’s stuff is still out. ugh.
- Create a family photo gallery wall in our entry hall/staircase. Marc and I have been talking about this since we moved here (ahem, almost three years ago). We have a huge (blank) wall that will be perfect for black and white photos. I was hemming and hawing until I snagged a bunch of great photos from my folks (when I visited in March). Now I really want to dive in and do it.
- Go through the boxes (and boxes) of photos our family collected from the mid-80’s through 2003 (when I started putting photos into albums). Katie helped me get a decent start on this before we moved, but there is still MUCH to be done. And I kind of want to do this before/in conjunction with #6.
- Start running again. My best running friend (who isn’t Katie) got injured at the end of last summer. Katie – of course – gave birth in September and couldn’t run. I was ready for a break, I guess… but now I’m ready for it to be over. I ran down to the lake and back again this morning. 3-1/2 miles. 30 minutes. IT FELT GREAT! (but I think I might need new shoes 🙂
- Something silly (but then why is it still not done!?) – iron the napkins we used at CHRISTMAS so they’re ready the next time we need them.
- and finally – I’d like to get into a much more regular posting habit here. I’m not completely sold on M-F, but I’d like it to be five days for sure.