…or what we’re looking forward to. Seems like a fun way to forget that outside it’s icy. I know it’s snowy for many of you and colder; this week’s topic is a welcome break from winter! Here are ten good things that will be coming my way…soon!
1. Seeing Charlie (and his momma); the ice storm closed schools today and Katie is taking extra care about getting out on the roads. I expect they’ll be here later this morning.
|Sara’s socks…one toe to go!|
2. Finishing Sara’s socks. She asked for new socks and I hoped to get a pair out of one skein of Rowan Pure Wool Worsted (that I bought Friday at her LYS…along with new dpn’s). The first sock weighed 45 g so I thought I’d be fine…but boo! I ran out of yarn just before the second toe. I’ll finish off the toe with some fun color and get them into the mail soon (of course she’ll have plenty of time to wear them before it gets too warm for bed socks!)
3. …and a cardigan for me.
4. Sunday’s Red Carpet show.
5. Cutting up magazines for this month’s One Little Word prompt (also glue and a big piece of canvas).
6. Catching up with all of you – I haven’t read blogs since before I left for Madison (yikes! the days just flew by!)
7. A long weekend with my parents next month (and also in April and a whole week in May!)
8. Knitting with the newest Shibui yarn, called Twig. It’s a sport-weight linen/silk/wool blend blend and it comes out March 2. I’m still trying to decide on a first project, but thinking I might knit this.
9. Spring. duh, right?!
10. Seeing Sara again…when Madison is green and warm.
How about you? what good things are coming your way?