…This week Carole’s asked us to share about shoes, well technically “types of footwear”, but for me, that still means shoes! I’m curious to see what other “types” y’all share. These are the
ten eleven I’ve worn this season.
1. Fun sneakers. I have these and a plain back pair. They’re the newest addition to my shoe wardrobe, purchased solely for their “fun with Charlie” factor. Note that, so far, I haven’t worn them out with him because I haven’t actually taken him out. Hopefully come spring, we’ll be walking outdoors, and these sneakers will get their chance.
2. Fleece-lined slippers from Costco. In brown this year. (I think last year’s pair was gray). Yep, I purchase a new pair every fall and I wear them out wearing them indoors. They’re the only shoes I do wear indoors.
3. Uggs. I have one pair, the “short” style, in gray. I bought them in December 2009, before Sara and I visited Katie in New York just before Christmas and they still look great. Of course they don’t see much snow here, but I’m taking them to Madison to next month. I also love wearing them to yoga. and to walk Holly when it’s even remotely chilly. They’re the outdoor version, I guess, of #2.
4. Running shoes. Currently a bright blue (with navy and hot green accents) pair of Asics Cumulus 16’s. LOVE them. And now that I’m walking instead of running, I’ll bet they last a full year!
5. Flip flops. I’m down to just one pair. Black Reefs. I bought them before Marc and I went to the Dominican Republic in 2013. They’re worn now, but still good for the occasional pedicure.
6. Flowered pink rain boots from Target. I bought these in the spring of 2011…when I first had a little dog to walk in the rain. These get a lot of wear all year-round. The linings are shot but I’m going to try to pull out one more spring season.
7. Madewell boots. Flat-soled, nearly to my knee. Purchased on sale in January 2012.
8. J Crew booties. A little bit of heel and a color similar to the boots. I wear these and the boots about 90% of the time in the winter. This was my shoe splurge for this year.
9. Ballet flats. I own a few pairs. Surprisingly I’ve even been able to wear them (well, at least the navy pair) this month. We had a few mild days and it was nice to let my feet breathe!
10. Black booties. These are from Ann Taylor, a few years back. There are two sets of straps and gold buckles across the top. I loved them the season I bought them, and then fell out of love…and now back in. This year, I’m wearing them with black tights and a sweater dress and with jeans. Not all the time, but enough that I remember I have them…and wear them.
11. Black suede Mary Janes. I wore these on that Date Night for Marc’s company party. Made me think I was a real Southerner because the night was COLD and I wanted tights and closed toes…but there were plenty of girls there in strappy sandals. Oh well.
Noticeably, what’s missing from this list is clogs. I have a pair of black Dansko’s that I’ve had for years and a pair of brown Naot’s that I bought in 2007 when I had a bunch of foot/ankle problems. I can’t remember the last time I wore either one and that tells me I shouldn’t keep them, but…they’re classics. And as sure as I donate them, I’ll have to buy another pair!
Also, pumps (if I’d written this list when I still worked these would’ve featured…likely in place of the rain boots and the boots!). And if this were a summer list I’d have sandals – heels, wedges and flats – in place of the boots and the Uggs.
Carole’s party is always a good one; click here to join the Ten on Tuesday fun!