…this week, Carole’s asked us to share things we do to make winter less bleak. It doesn’t get nearly as cold here as it does in other places; snow and ice make rare appearances. But January here is often dark and chilly wet. I snapped the photo above yesterday afternoon (stopped at a red light 🙂 on my way to class. Black and white straight out of the camera – in the middle of the afternoon! – is pretty bleak. So for me, this list is all about the bright spots – finding or making them!
- Candlelight, especially when it’s Thymes Frasier Fir.
- A fresh pedicure (hopefully Thursday).
- Red lipstick.
- A smile.
- January birthday celebrations (I’m fortunate to share in two – one for Katie and one for my sister – just three days apart at the end of this month.)
- Fresh flowers on the kitchen counter.
- Beach trip plans (sadly this isn’t in the cards for this year…maybe next?)
- Fresh oranges with greek yogurt and almonds for breakfast.
- A cozy fire (with knitting and a glass of red wine).
- Storytime with my favorite little boy (who is four months old today!)
What brings a smile to your face on a bleak winter day? Click here to join the Ten on Tuesday fun!