…we left the apartment in Florence at 7am local time yesterday and arrived home just after 9pm local time. Twenty traveling hours is a long time (and I have a renewed appreciation for the 24+ hours it takes Marc to get to Asia)! I loved getting back into the blog on the trip – especially all your very kind comments! – and I really want to keep it up, but today about all my tired brain can handle is a list (fortunately tomorrow is Tuesday and that’s another list 😊), so I thought I’d simply share a few things top of mind as I re-enter the real world:
– Marc did a great job on the home front, especially with Holly. He texted and instagrammed photos almost daily, bathed her (maybe more than once), took her on long walks, took her to work twice (I think), worried that she wasn’t eating and, most of all, enjoyed her.
– Arriving home (even late) with another girl means our laundry was mostly done before we fell into bed last night (two of the three loads were washed and the third was ready for me to start this morning).
– I had planned to listen to The Goldfinch (32+ hours on Audible) during the trip but I didn’t even start it until the last leg of yesterday’s flight. I’m now about six hours in and hooked.
– I did, however read the first Louise Penny Three Pines mystery and I finished it on the flight to Paris yesterday. Good thing there was wifi in the Paris airport; I downloaded the second one and finished it this morning (and I’ve promised myself I can download and start the third as soon as I get a few more things checked off my to do list today).
– I’m overwhelmed about how to document the trip. This is the first big trip where I haven’t done ANYthing along the way with all the paper, tickets, receipts, etc. At least I’ve edited a few dozen photos.
– I haven’t written anything in my journal since I left. It feels weird, but somehow ok. I am looking forward to getting back into that daily routine tomorrow.
– Ditto yoga and running (but I likely won’t get back to those til later this week; I picked up a cold in Florence and I’m just today feeling like the worst is over)…I did however walk about 15,000 steps each day so I feel good…just not the same.
– The travel knitting worked great. I took a scarf (Churchmouse Bias Before & After scarf and a skein of Juniper Moon Farm Findlay) and socks and knitted about a third of the scarf and never started the socks. I loved having a simple stockinette pattern on size 6 needles that was small and light to carry.
– Sara has an out of town interview tomorrow/Wednesday and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to having the house to myself (Marc left for Asia yesterday) for even one night.
– I really enjoyed the wine in Florence, especially a new-to-me red blend called Bolgheri…which is sadly not very prevalent here (and way more expensive).
– Blogging from my iPad is fine…as long as I don’t include any links…or fancy formatting!
Again, many thanks for sharing the trip with me!