1. I spent time on the porch both Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Our porch faces east so it’s cool in the afternoon and colorful most mornings. Saturday’s sunrise was exceptional.
2. And then traveled with Katie, Rob, Sara and Holly to the north Georgia mountains for a mini-family reunion with my parents, sister and brother (and families). My mom says this is the 19th year we’ve gathered for the weekend; I love starting the summer with my family and it was sweet this year to add Rob to our mix. We’re looking forward to adding BabyT next year!
3. Made cappuccinos. Sort of. I used Katie’s stove top espresso maker, Illy beans and a Nespresso milk frother (which I’m calling my “real” souvenir from the trip). The flavor is good, but I haven’t mastered the crema (or maybe this espresso maker just won’t do it?)
4. Played one game of dice.
5. Finished the third Louise Penny book (and did not buy the 4th, instead started June’s bookclub selection, The Good Luck of Right Now, which I’m enjoying so far…but still looking forward to that next Louise Penny!)
6. Drank Picpoul de Pinet for the first time this season (and beer margaritas, too).
7. Bound off the Traveling Scarf and made a bit of very slow progress on a laceweight Panoramic Stole.
8. Watched the last episode of Mad Men Season 7 (part 1). I have really enjoyed this mini-season and hope next year’s final finale meets our expectations.
9. …and the first five episodes of Orange is the New Black. all in one afternoon.
10. Started thinking seriously about baby knitting. The shower is mid-July and I’ve got to get going soon to be ready!
What about you? how did you spend the holiday weekend?