…as promised, here’s the truth from Tuesday’s very fun and popular topic. But first, a pretty picture. This is one of the trees in the pretty little park in my neighborhood, waterlogued, of course!
Now down to business:
1. I’ll start it out easy. I am best friends with an adorable little Schnauzer named Holly, who sported a purple gingham harness for our afternoon walk.
2. I made it to the final rounds of a 6th grade spelling bee and lost on the word “mayonnaise”.
False – my best friend Amy lost on the word “mayonnaise”; I lost on “cyst”. I’d never heard that word before and spelled it “sist”. (this one was tricky…no one got it right – but I wonder if my parents might’ve remembered?!)
3. I’ve visited 43 of the 50 states.
True! The seven that I haven’t been to are Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire. It helps that I’ve lived in Georgia, Texas, Wyoming and New Jersey, married a guy from Connecticut and worked for a company that had clients and offices all over the country.
4. My best 18-hole golf score was above 100.
True! and probably the best reason I no longer play.
5. I am absolutely and completely terrified of spiders.
False – it’s snakes, not spiders (I get scared just typing the word).
6. I have only seven sweaters worth of yarn in my stash (and one more “waiting in the wings” … not ready to count that one as stash yet).
True! and I’m reminded I do need to post about my stash (I promised that to Margene weeks ago). Oh, and that doesn’t mean I don’t have a lot of other stash…sock yarn and other onesie-twosie quantities that I could use for hats, mitts, cowls and shawls.
7. Breakfast is my favorite meal and if I’m going to splurge, it’s eggs benedict.
False – I don’t like most breakfast foods and I really dislike eggs unless they’re really well-done.
8. I’ve never poached an egg.
True! (what’s the point if I don’t want to eat it?!)
9. Before Marc retires, I really hope to visit Asia with him.
False – I love good coffee, nice wine and lots of fresh air. Marc says I’m better off here (or in Europe!)
10. After our May trip to Europe, the number of countries I’ve visited (outside the US) will grow from nine to 10.
True! I’ve been to Mexico, Canada, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, England, France, the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden. I’ll add Italy to the list next month.
This was a fun way to share a little bit more about myself. Thanks for playing along!