…yep, I made some! and since one of those resolutions is to blog about my knitting, I figured it would make sense to share the whole list. Here goes:
1. Update Ravelry as I knit, including photos. I had been really good about this and I need to get back into the habit. Not only are the notes helpful when I’m asked about my projects, the photos are fun to share (and helpful).
|I made this little set over the weekend and I’ll be blogging about it for the shop later today. It’s a baby gift, knit with yarn I bought in 2013…so count one for others (#3) and one for stash (#4)|
2. Blog about knitting, both here and for the shop.
3. One-for-one for myself and for others.
4. One-for-one for stash projects and new yarn purchases. I am counting WIPs and hibernating projects as stash in the hopes that motivates me to finish them! But this is still going to be hard – I work at a yarn shop! And five days into 2014, I’ve already bought yarn for one project… so I need to start something with stash or finish one of those WIPs to balance that out!
5. Knit more cowls and shawls (and fewer sweaters) for myself. Getting to wearability here, I find I’m wearing my accessory pieces more than my sweaters – even in winter. Of course I have at least six sweater’s worth of stash (and one WIP); we’ll see how this goes!
6. Knit myself a hat and mittens to wear when I walk Holly. This has been on my to-do list since 2010 – and I am finally going to make it happen, hopefully this month, but for sure in February (and yes, I’ve got plenty of yarn in my stash, so that’s a help).
7. Finish all my WIPs and hibernating projects. I have one sweater (for me) on the needles and a handful of hibernating projects, most of which are socks. Here are the hibernating projects – see what I mean about the photos?