|on our morning walk (#3 and #4)|
…Carole‘s prompt this week has us Embracing Autumn. Delightful timing since it seems autumn has finally arrived here in Georgia! It’s cooling off (remember all things are relative – we are supposed to have our first night in the 40’s later this week!) and the leaves are just starting to turn. Here are ten things I’m enjoying right now about this new season:
1. A new banner and colors here on the blog.
2. Holiday gift knitting (I actually started this two weeks ago…and I am hopeful this will finally be the year I’m not scrambling to finish on Christmas Eve!)
3. Walks with Holly. Those little legs and black fur don’t go far when it’s hot, but with morning temperatures in the 50’s and low 60’s, she’s good for more than a mile.
4. Long pants for walking and classes at the Y.
5. Fall colors on the trees.
6. Planning for the family birthday bonanza that begins next weekend (all five of us have birthdays between October 20 and January 27).
7. Red wine.
9. A dark purple pedicure.
10. Honeycrisp apples and fresh pears.
How about you? How are you welcoming the new season?