…today marks 67 days that I’ve taken and posted a daily photo prompted by fatmumslim. today’s prompt is favo(u)rite. I guess it’s been a great Friday because I had a hard time deciding what to even highlight. and that’s when I decided I should probably just blog about five favorite things. a few photos later…I logged in to blogger and saw that my last five things post was also inspired by one of Chantelle’s prompts (which led me down a bit of a rabbit hole to see if all the Friday prompts were “five things” types of prompts…and then I remembered the one about what’s in my fridge. nope. it’s just a coincidence…)
|the post I shared on instagram. favorite flower in my favorite color.|
in any event here are five of my favorite things about today.
1. Whole Foods is having a huge sale – today only – on tulips. three 10-stem bunches for $10. of course I bought the orange ones. …and had a few that broke making this big bouquet. found the perfect spot for them.
|on my desk…|
2. Debbie, my assigned coach at the Y. I had my first coaching session with her first thing this morning. and I was pleasantly surprised. delighted even. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but she’s a fit and active older person (like I see myself on the good days) and she really listened to me and made worthwhile suggestions about my fitness routine. I signed up for a follow-up appointment the first week of April so we can map out a strength training program.
3. I got to spend a big chunk of the day with Katie (and a bit with Sara and Rob) on wedding stuff. All of it went very well. and a lot of it was really delicious.
|shared on instagram. petite desserts. um yum.|
4. My new hot air popper works great (and since Marc’s away … my favorite spot really is a mess of knitting and papers and stuff, but it’s OK).
|yes, a half cup of kernels really does make a lot of popcorn!|
|…the rest of the counter.|
5. I’m going to get this post done and then devote my evening to knitting. First up, the Thursday and Friday lessons from Ysolda’s class…all about swatching. And then, DVR’d TV (have you seen Parade’s End yet? I’m not getting my hopes up…too much!) and the first sleeve on Garance.
|yarn rolled. needles ready. time to swatch!|
What favorite moment(s) do you have to share from today?