…I feel a bit smug about Carole’s prompt this week. maybe because it’s supposed to be near 70 degrees here today (and I had balmy temperatures in Florida over the weekend visiting my folks). it just doesn’t feel like winter. and I definitely don’t have the blahs.
but I haven’t blogged in nearly a week. and I love to play along. so here’s how I’d hope to beat the blahs (if I had them 🙂
|(see #2 below) from my instagram feed | january 12, 2013|
1. plan a trip to someplace warm. imagine yourself there, soaking up sunshine.
2. buy flowers. orange tulips especially. instagram them.
3. invite a few friends over. turn up the heat. mix a batch of margaritas. turn on Jimmy Buffet (loud). and dance!
4. browse the gardening catalogs.
5. get a bright manicure and pedicure.
6. look through last summer’s photos and make a list of things to do (and not do) this year.
8. light a fire and have a picnic on the floor in front of it (works best if shared with a special someone).
9. bake these orange spice cookies. they smell (and taste) amazing. guaranteed to make you smile.
10. remind yourself this season shows off your best woolen knits. and wear them.
there. I feel better anyway. and can only hope I haven’t jinxed our weather. this kind of smug is bound to get snowed on!
how are beating the blahs this winter?