…I knew this year was going to fly by, but I was still caught a bit off guard last week when I uploaded daily photo 257…and realized I’d hit 266 yesterday. that’s right. just 100 days left in my 50th year. a few years back I had a boss who was big into “100 day plans” and that idea struck a chord to (re-)focus my efforts on the fifty for 50 list.
as I wrote back in march, flexibility and planning are critical. so is being realistic! I went through the list this morning to see exactly where I was and noted a few more “done”:
- ten projects knit from my stash – they were all cowls and hats, but still…
- poppies needlepoint (it’s off with the finisher now).
- strength training routine/regular walking – a big change for me this summer; I now regularly attend 4-5 pilates, barre and zumba classes each week, together with walking three days and running two. feels like this is truly an all-around fitness program and I’m seeing results and feeling better (and enjoying it!)
- manicures – I hit a rough patch after non-stop linen/silk knitting in may and june, but it’s better now and I am definitely committed to keeping it up.
- volunteering at a senior center – holly & I are now helping to facilitate a knitting group at the roswell nursing home on thursday afternoons. (how perfect is that!?!)
- twitter 🙂
then I crossed off or gave myself permission to not finish quite a few. things related to cooking (there were four; I finished one with sara’s help; started two others; and have made no more progress since may), cleaning out the guestroom and organizing the pre-2003 photos, reading mere christianity, card-making (meh!) and finishing all my knitting WIPs (I made some progress – it’s now only seven projects and they all fit in one small basket 🙂
…and that leaves me with a manageable number of big things to complete:
- raising $2,500 (we’re nearly halfway) for the 2-day walk…and walking 30 miles.
- revitalizing the prayer shawl ministry.
- celebrations for my dad’s 75th birthday and sara’s 21st.
- a new lace class in october.
- a trip to chattanooga this fall.
- 45 more random acts of kindness.
- four needlepoint projects (and three new stitches).
these next 100 days are going to be busy. and fun.