…taking a break today from carole’s prompt to share an update on my fifty for 50 project. I’d wanted to do this last week since that was close to the one-third done mark (and carole even took a break!), but sara was home, and I had ella to finish…and I just didn’t! I did however, thanks to a gentle push from sara “yeah mom, where are you with all those things you wanted to do this year?”, post an electronic page here on my blog (with a link on the sidebar) to track my progress.
|the paper, as of this morning…|
so, with 234 still days to go, here are my top ten thoughts about this project.
1. be flexible. just because something was important to me back in november doesn’t mean it still is. other more important things are bound to come up. or even if they don’t, it’s ok to let something go. I’ve replaced re-reading the harry potter books with reading seven new-to-me 5-star books (the gargoyle was the first; welcome suggestions on the remaining six!) and I’ve abandoned the superhero treasure hunts. I’m trying to embrace the idea that doing fifty “right” things is better than doing the fifty things I first documented.
2. actively plan. like those doctor appointments. reviewing the list last week prompted me to schedule the physical (and think about the eye exam 🙂
4. also loving the new routines for a monthly charity hat, healthy recipes and quick breads.
5. still need routines for random acts of kindness, strength training and manicures.
6. not sure when I’m going to knit through those WIPs, but I haven’t abandoned the idea!
7. or get back into needlepoint? (or organize the pre-2003 photos or clean out the guest room). see #2 above!
8. starting project life as a way to document. my binder and page protectors arrived yesterday and I have time planned next week to dig in and start.
9. glad there are still 234 days to go.
10. and I need to make each one of them count.