…the hardest thing about carole’s prompt this week is identifying my favorite knitting spot. a quick review of my flickr stream shows knitting all over the place! at my kitchen table, at my desk, in my living room, at starbucks, at friends’ houses, at cast-on cottage. even central park (that one was very fun). all of these are wonderful places to knit and depending on what I’m knitting, some are better than others. knitting lace? hands down my kitchen table where I can have the chart handy in front of me (and where I can concentrate without too much distraction). knitting a sweater? love my living room chair because it’s big and sweaters can get big when they’re close to being done.
I do love knitting lace and knitting sweaters, but what I really love is knitting with others. and I think my favorite place for that is cast-on cottage. especially on friday afternoons.
|a friday afternoon back in september. originally blogged here.|
and here are ten things I see:
2. other people’s projects – always inspiring.
3. yarn – ditto the inspiration. and the colors – it always makes me happy to look at yarn!
4. patterns – there is always something new out on the table, a magazine, a book, and it’s rare we don’t get excited about a new project at some point.
5. starbucks. yep, there is one right next door and many of us – me included – always stop by the drive-thru on our way in.
6. sweet treats (if we’re lucky 🙂
7. my camera.
8. my project – knitting, pattern and a pen (depending on the project there might be more, but these three things are constants)
9. smiles (hopefully!)
10. holly in my lap (this happens almost everywhere I knit!)
|click here to join the ten on tuesday fun!|