…today marks the beginning of my 50th year. (not to confuse, and not to embarrass my parents who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next month :-), my 50th birthday isn’t til 2012 – this is my 50th year. and being one who loves to-do lists, I decided to make a big one for this year.
things to accomplish once and done.
1. grow my hair to wear a pony tail.
2. knit through my WIP’s.
3. read mansfield park (and then I’ve read all of jane austen’s novels).
4. make pesto with my own homegrown basil.
5. knit ten projects from my stash.
6. finish the superhero photo treasure hunts.
7. clean out the guest room.
8. finish the poppies needlepoint canvas (that I started months ago).
9. sort through the books on my bookshelves and donate the ones I no longer need.
10. organize all the pre-2003 photos.
things to set me on a good course for the next fifty years.
1. take a photo a day.
2. have a physical.
3. and a mammogram.
4. and an eye exam.
5. schedule a colonoscopy.
6. start a strength training routine.
7. keep walking 15 miles a week.
8. and 12 new (to me) healthy recipes.
9. get a manicure (and keep it up).
10. participate in one little word for 2012.
things to do because they’re good.
1. celebrate my parents’ 50th wedding anniversary.
2. and my dad’s 75th birthday.
3. and sara’s 21’s birthday.
4. (with karen) raise another $2,500 for the atlanta 2-day walk (and walk for the 6th time).
5. knit 12 hats for charity.
6. revitalize the church’s prayer shawl group.
7. practice 50 random acts of kindness.
8. investigate volunteering at a senior center with holly.
or because I’ll learn something.
1. teach katie to knit.
2. bake bread with sara.
3. make a photobook.
4. knit fair isle with two hands.
5. read power of a praying woman.
6. read mere christianity.
7. figure out “what’s twitter?”
8. identify 12 trees at the park.
9. learn three new needlepoint stitches.
10. master oatmeal cookies.
11. take a monthly self portrait photo.
11. take a class.
13. try yoga.
or because they’re fun.
3. host a card-making party.
4. complete four more needlepoint projects.
5. celebrate my 1,000th blog post.
or just because I want to.
1. get four regular students in my saturday afternoon lace class.
2. take a trip to visit a friend.
then 49. document my progress and 50. plan a celebration for next year’s birthday!
thank you in advance to everyone who will play a part in helping me accomplish all of this, including everyone who cheers from the sidelines!!
here’s to a wonderful year!