…I should be used to feeling this way after a week “off” to play with katie and enjoy a very relaxing long weekend at the beach. but it hit me hard this morning how behind I feel. if you’ve seen my desk, you know a week-plus pile of bills and other mail sitting beside a disorganized pile of knitting (and now needlepoint, too 🙂 bags is just not like me.
before I retired, I loved taking a day off for no other reason than to “play”; those days were always productive and I went back to work re-energized. funny, now that I play everyday, it’s just not the same. so while I’ll be back teaching tomorrow, I’ve decided to take a few more days before settling back into my normal routine next week.
stay tuned. I have big plans:
- sort through, edit, upload and print photos (which are living on all three of my cameras right now);
- rejuvenate my blog (and dress it for fall – that’s for you, sara!);
- finish my one little word prompt for september;
- make more knitting progress, update ravelry and organize that pile of bags;
- finish cutting for stone (oh my I love this book…and I’m sorry I waited so long to read it – thank you katie for the push!);
- catch up on two bible studies (both groups are meeting next week and I have not even started the material);
- sort through all that paperwork;
- enjoy the early morning cooler temperatures (we’re into the 60’s – woo hoo!) with a daily run or walk; and
- make sure marc leaves for china with all the clean clothes he needs 🙂
truly, the only thing I’m not doing this week that I had originally planned to do is clean the house. and maybe right now, that’s really all the vacation I need!