…I bought new jeans on saturday. I left the house in a pair of jeans that were uncomfortably tight, thinking if I had time, I’d stop and buy some that fit. and wear them out of the store. luck was with me. I had a few minutes and jeans were on sale at white house black market and ann taylor. I bought four pair (yikes!!) and walked out of ann taylor wearing new jeans. that fit…whew!!
but it was the bag from white house black market that caught my eye today (when I finally put away my saturday purchases). on both ends it says “feel beautiful”. I love that. because beautiful really is as much about – and maybe even more? – how you feel than how you look.
so I cut up the bag, pasted it in my journal and thought about ways to feel beautiful.
1. SMILE! it brightens my face and my eyes…and it’s contagious.
2. wear clothes that fit. even better if they flatter (I am a huge fan of what not to wear 🙂 but fit is key. too tight = uncomfortable and too loose = really, let’s tell our best story!
3. mascara and lip gloss. and lately, a pale pink manicure.
4. “high” heels. in quotation marks because for me, high is about 2, maybe 2-1/2 inches! but something about that little bit of extra height, a little bit up on my toes…it feels beautiful.
5. tell someone else they’re beautiful. brighten their day and bring a smile to their face. it reflects back.
6. give yourself a bouquet of flowers.
8. watch a chick flick.
9. work out. sweat. feel strong!
10. get a dog. mine makes me feel like I’ve hung the moon. even when I’m in my pj’s and haven’t brushed my teeth!
what makes you feel beautiful?