|july 4, 2009 – katie & I had a picnic in central park|
1. a day to celebrate our heritage of freedom with pride and patriotism – I especially love seeing our national flag flying everywhere.
2. fireworks. I used to like to see them in person, but now I’m just as happy watching on tv, along with the capitol 4th or boston pops. some years I fall asleep before they even start, but this year I’m going to dvr them!
3. sparklers. (and photos of sparkler words)
5. picnics. there’s something about meal eaten on a blanket spread on the grass in the shade of a big tree that screams “summer”.
7. lemonade. (spiked for the grown-ups 🙂
8. flag cake.
10. red, white and blue. not my favorite color combination, but for one day, they look fabulous together! this year, I’m planning jeans, a white t-shirt and my one red shawl.