|on an early morning walk at the beach, january, 2010|
1. seagulls. weird, I know. I mean they’re scavengers and they’re noisy and messy. but they mean “beach” to me. and that’s what I love about them.
2. cardinals. the bright red of the males and the softer coloring of the females is beautiful.
3. flamingos. just because they’re fun!
4. penguins. fun and amazing, given where they live…I mean brrrrrr…
7. hawks. make me wish I could fly…
8. bald eagles. I haven’t seen many of these, but they are simply majestic.
9. owls. they keep the critter population under control.
10. warblers. love their songs.