|how it looks right now – desktop background from shanna murray|
…it’s been 10 days since I got my macbook and yes, I am still smitten.
my favorite things:
- it wakes up faster than I do (as in “immediately”) no matter how long it’s been asleep and it goes right back to where we left off
- the icons on the dock (the strip of icons across the bottom of the desktop) jump up and down when you click them – I picture them like little kids jumping on the bed, excited to be playing
- the music quality from itunes or grooveshark is amazing. I don’t need to plug my ipod into the TV any more to get great sound
- the calendar and notes synch with my iphone. I may finally be able to get away from a paper calendar
- it’s fast
- it’s weighs a lot less than holly (she weighs 7-1/2 pounds) – in fact I’m thinking holly and the mac probably weigh less than the old laptop 🙂
- stuff just works
I used martha’s PC yesterday, and I knew I was converted when I
- tried to scroll the page with two fingers on her touchpad; and
- looked for the CMD key
So yeah, I’ve pretty much moved in and now it’s just a matter of getting settled. like getting used to the delete key being a backspace key. and not having to close out applications when you’re done using them (old habits die hard). I have decided to use iphoto for organizing my photos, but PSE for editing them (I’m a few days into my trial period with PSE9 and I signed up for Kim K’s class that starts later this month to learn the mac and v9). Most of my photos and a few of my documents from the old PC are still on the external hard drive. I’m not sure I need to take up space here to store them. I do need to find a backup solution – the latest costco coupons include a 750 gb external drive for $69.99 and I’m tempted. feedback on time machine (the built-in mac backup utility) is welcome….
many thanks to katie and sara and all of you mac-lovers who offered advice and support. I think we’re going to have a long term relationship!