…*carole‘s already said that people aren’t things. I think that means animals aren’t either. and to make the list more fun, it seems like the necessities of food, water, shelter and clothing, while they’re certainly “things” aren’t the kinds of things we’re talking about. this list, for me at least, is the things I could live without, but boy, I really hope it never comes to that!
1. coffee. it’s maybe a stretch to think I could live without it. I certainly wouldn’t make much sense, and I think I’d be pretty cranky….
|the first of six!!! coffee images from my 2009 365 project|
2. my iphone. I’ve only had it since last may (eight months?) and it has changed my life. I love having a phone and texting and email and the internet and a pretty good camera and an ipod all in one small device. and it definitely frees up more room on this list!
3. my laptop. I have a dell inspiron. it’s three years old (I’m starting to worry about it!) and has been to paris, portland (twice), new york (five times) and countless other places. I feel lost without it and hope it has at least another year left before I have to replace it.
4. knitting. yarn and needles and a pattern (I like to knit, not design!). and I know that’s three things, but it’s when they all come together as “knitting” that makes it the thing I don’t want to live without.
5. my russell+hazel mini binder. the key to staying organized. and I think it looks cool.
6. a bible. preferably the NIV translation. maybe in big print (see #8)!
7. a microwave. for heating the milk in my coffee. reheating leftovers. making popcorn. steaming vegetables. cooking oatmeal. I think it’s the most versatile kitchen appliance I own.
8. reading glasses. I thought about this being in the necessity category, because it is. but I have four pairs…one for my desk, one for my pocketbook, one for the bed, and just since last week, one for my vanity – I’m amazed at the very tiny print on cosmetics and it makes it easier to file my nails when I can actually see them!
9. black mascara and bobbi brown’s raspberry lip gloss. again two things, but it’s always “mascaraandlipgloss” for me. (btw – I didn’t realize the lip gloss was a limited edition color – I hope I can find another tube…sadly, mine is almost empty)
10. good sneakers. like the nike’s I have on right now. I walk a lot and good sneakers are key so my feet and knees don’t hurt.